This ongoing achievement is based on our belief that ideas, people, leadership, innovation and work connecting together, can bring success.
In 1921, The Edwards family formed a small plating facility called Dovercourt Electro-Plating. Dovercourt began as a modest concern with a staff of four in a 1,200 square foot facility on Dovercourt Road in Toronto, Ontario. The company began to expand, growing in equipment, volume and physical plant size, increasing first to 3,000 square feet, then moving to a 5,000 square foot factory where chrome plating work was started. In the early 1960’s, the company moved to a 15,000 square foot location which was expanded to 20,500 feet to meet the demand. By 1969, the company employed 80 people in a facility that plated nickel, zinc, chrome, brass and gold. Dovercourt serviced both the commercial business sector in the plating of appliance parts and wire work and in parts used in the emerging automotive industry. During the 1970’s as the industry began to consolidate, the decision was reached by the executive, Robert and David Edwards to specialize in high-volume nickel-chrome plating. The facilities were retrofitted with fully-automated equipment for high production. 1980 saw an increase in the volume of automotive work and in 1987 a second company, known as Autotek Electroplating was formed. Plans for a third facility became a reality in 1995 with the opening of Athena Protective Coatings, but continued growth and high environmental standards had set the pace and in 1998, a fourth facility was opened and named Olympic Coaters, thus assuring the market of continued exceptional service.To meet the challenges of the 21st millennium, the production operations of both Athena and Dovercourt Electro-Plating were consolidated into the two remaining facilities.Today, our organization consists of 6 fully automated plating machines with a workforce of approximately 130 dedicated employees and is currently owned by the third generation, Robert and David Edwards.